The University Press of Florida and University of Florida Press publish books and journals for scholars and general readers in the following areas:
- Latin American and Caribbean studies
- Modernist studies
- Medieval literature
- African American studies
- Southern US history
- Natural history and the environment
- Food and cooking
- The state of Florida and the South, including music, culture, and the arts
- Space history
We do not publish original fiction or poetry, religious works, children’s books, or unrevised dissertations. We do consider translations of literary works in limited arenas.
Please explore our publications on our website: upress.ufl.edu. If your project aligns with our active subject lists, send a one-page letter of inquiry to email@example.com. Your letter should include these elements:
- An overview of the project
- Your intended readers
- The current status of the project
- Your qualifications/brief bio
If the press would like to learn more about your project, an acquisitions editor will contact you directly to invite a proposal and proposal cover sheet. Please do not send a complete manuscript unless invited to do so.
Thank you for your interest in publishing with Florida.